#EverybodyNow #TheTimeIsNow #ExtinctionRebellion
- As the UN’s Climate Emergency conference in New York begins today, Extinction Rebellion announces next phase of International Rebellion starting 7 October
- Tens of thousands of people in more than 60 countries across every continent to join and demand Governments take immediate and decisive action on the Climate and Ecological Emergency
- In the UK, Extinction Rebellion will converge on Westminster blockading every single road in the area for at least two weeks calling on departments to Tell the Truth about what they are doing to tackle the Emergency – The Brexit saga is not only a distraction in light of Emergency, but an example of the need for a new democratic system
- Thousands of ordinary citizens – parents, youths, builders, footballers, doctors, teachers, musicians, scientists, CEOs, animal activists, farmers, and other movements, aligned to the cause – who are willing to be arrested will join Extinction Rebellion UK as part of a growing movement of movements
- A series of mass participation direct actions will take place focusing on specific themes – including the need for the Government, the media, and other key institutions, to Tell the Truth and Act Now
- Emergency Peoples’ Assemblies will be convened to write and approve an Emergency Queen’s Speech, which will direct Government Departments to answer the question: “Where are your emergency plans?”
- Extinction Rebellion calls on #EverybodyNow to join them. Governments around the world are driving us towards extinction. We have to stop it, the time to act is now.