On this page…..
- XRShrewsbury tweets
- Extinction Rebellion tweets
- Extinction Rebellion news
- Climate Home News feed
- XRShrewsbury latest news
- Tweets from Greta Thunberg
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
- Other tweets you may be interested in reading
XR Shrewsbury Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion News
- Dear rebels, Since its inception, a central goal of our movement has been to bring thousands of people from all walks of life out onto the streets, day after day, to peacefully engage in civil disobedience. This is how we wooed the world’s media, shifted public consciousness, and brought complacent government representatives to the table. […]
- 6 MAY | Syntagma Square, Athens, Greece Every night since May 6, rebels and other environmental activists have held a socially distanced vigil outside the Greek parliament building. They are demanding the withdrawal of a new law, the so-called ‘Modernization of the Environmental Legislation’, which XR Hellas (Greece) says “effectively withdraws environmental regulations so that […]
- Extinction Rebellion put thousands of kid’s shoes in Trafalgar Square urging government to remember children during coronavirus recoveryIn the early hours of this morning, Extinction Rebellion has covered London’s Trafalgar Square with nearly 2000 pairs of children’s shoes, with people holding a banner that reads ‘Covid today > Climate tomorrow > Act Now’. The installation urges the Government to act on the climate crisis during the coronavirus recovery to protect younger generations […]
- Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Spotify Listen on Podomatic We live in a society addicted to growth, yet on a planet with finite resources. Something needs to give. The Extinction Rebellion Podcast talks to a star of the degrowth movement, Jason Hickel. Jason is an academic and the author of The Divide and the upcoming book, Less is […]
- 16-17 May: Extinction Rebellion to create pop up bike lanes and say ‘No Going Back’ to busy, polluted streets as lockdown easesThis weekend Extinction Rebellion groups across the UK are inviting people to ‘Reclaim the Streets’ and join them in peaceful, physically distanced protest in their towns and cities. They are calling for the government to prioritise public health and well-being as the UK lockdown is eased and to invest in safer streets for walking and […]
- BREAKING: Extinction Rebellion spray fake oil onto Barclays HQ calling on them to act responsibly and divest from fossil fuelsA small group from Extinction Rebellion have sprayed fake oil onto the Barclays headquarters in London’s Canary Wharf this morning with fire extinguishers. They came with a simple message, for Barclays to act responsibly and ‘Stop pouring billions into the fossil fuel economy’. The protest has taken place on the morning when Barclays shareholders will […]
- Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Spotify Listen on Podomatic We need to act now if we want to avoid overwhelming climate and ecological breakdown. So why does the government tell us we’ve got until 2050? In this episode we’re exploring the government’s 2050 net zero emissions target and why that timeline endangers not only humans, but every […]
- Filmmakers Michael Moore, Jeff Gibbs and Ozzie Zehner discuss the film live with Extinction Rebellion co-founder Clare Farrell. (5 May 2020) The post Michael Moore in a live discussion with Extinction Rebellion co-founder Clare Farrell appeared first on Extinction Rebellion.
- The post We Are Writing The Climate Future of The Next Decade Now | David Wallace-Wells appeared first on Extinction Rebellion.
Climate Home News is an independent news site dedicated to bringing important climate stories to as large an audience as possible.
XR Shrewsbury news items
Open letter to Shropshire Council Pension Fund: Invest to enhance well-being
EXTINCTION REBELLION – a documentary about the October protests.
Senara Wilson Hodges – On The Beach Productions
This is an introductory meeting for anyone interested in finding out more about XR, including people who’ve joined fairly recently and want to get a better handle on how XR works and how to get involved.
Today, the Shropshire Red Rebel Brigade supported the climate strike in Shrewsbury. Students gather together to hold their own Peoples’ Assembly….
Whether you’re local or from further afield, interested to find out more about XR or an old-hand, please join us for a weekend of community-building and skilling-up…
There’ll be talks on how Civil Disobedience works & why we need Citizens’ Assembles; and training in Non-Violent Direct Action, De-escalation Skills, Facilitation Skills, How to run a People’s Assembly, Self Organising Systems and more…
Are you stressing over the Climate Emergency?
Global Apathy Toward the Fires in Australia Is a Scary Portent for the Future By David Wallace-Wells Wildfires devastated southeastern Australia in the final months of 2019 and in January 2020. See photos of those wildfires from space as NASA tracks them with satellites. (Image: © NASA EOSDIS) Right now, on the outskirts of a… Read more
Education plays a crucial part in the global response to climate change, according to UN agency UNESCO. When young people learn about the impact of climate change they are equipped to address the issue, change their attitudes and behavior and adapt to the climate-affected world.
Evidence going back more than 50 years shows that a number of fossil fuel companies and their industry associations have long understood that their products caused harm.
In this documentary, Zuboff takes the lid off Google and Facebook and reveals a merciless form of capitalism in which no natural resources, but the citizen itself, serves as a raw material. How can citizens regain control of their data?
Greta Thunberg tweets
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
Other tweets of interest…
Click here for #climateemergency