On this page…..
- XRShrewsbury tweets
- Extinction Rebellion tweets
- Extinction Rebellion news
- Climate Home News feed
- XRShrewsbury latest news
- Tweets from Greta Thunberg
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
- Other tweets you may be interested in reading
XR Shrewsbury Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion News
- (Sign up to receive the newsletter here) Dear rebels, The Rebellion is just 3 weeks away! Plans are being hatched as we write. Here’s the lowdown for now. Local groups will kick off the Rebellion with action all over the UK in a civilly disobedient long weekend from 28-31 August. Join your local group now […]
- BREAKING: We’re way off track! Extinction Rebellion send a message to the world at today’s Formula 1Email: email@example.comPhone: +447561 098449 Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Media Assets | Donate#WeWantToLive #ExtinctionRebellion #ActNow “Climate change is a serious threat: every one of us has the responsibility to protect our future and the future of the next generation,” – Lewis Hamilton Extinction Rebellion drop large banner reading ‘Act Now’ behind start line at today’s […]
- The XR community in the UK has begun a process to ask deep questions about our demands and issues relating to justice. There have been lots of groups and individuals active in furthering these conversations and the project, Justice within XR UK (combining two working groups, XR UK Rebel Hive Justice and XR Co-Liberation Project) […]
- Extinction Rebellion join Reparations Rebellion to lock-down Brixton and call for reparations and planet repairs ‘for our very survival’From 7am on Saturday 1st of August Extinction Rebellion will join in support of the Afrikan Emancipation Day Reparations Rebellion Groundings to block Brixton Road from Max Roach Park to Windrush Square. The coalition of groups, including the Stop the Maangamizi: We Charge Genocide/Ecocide Campaign, Afrikan Emancipation Day Reparations March Committee, Extinction Rebellion Internationalist Solidarity […]
- Extinction Rebellion Podcast Episode 14: Who Killed Berta Cáceres – Environmental Defender from HondurasListen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Spotify Listen on Podomatic Live on all platforms NOW Ever wonder who the pink boat in Oxford Circus was named after? This podcast focuses on the new book ‘Who Killed Berta Caceres’ Nina Lakhani which is a compelling thriller-like read based on the murder of the brave indigenous Berta who was fighting […]
- Over the last few days many of us have been watching with alarm at the situation unravelling at the HS2 protection camp at Denham Country Park, Uxbridge, West London. Outside of the London-centric media view, protestors, many of them young people in their teens acting out of conscience and grave concern for their future, have […]
- Following actions this week at Amnesty, Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth and Christian Aid by the new political party, Beyond Politics, XRUK would like to restate that Beyond Politics are a separate organisation and not a part of Extinction Rebellion. We also would like to be clear that Roger Hallam no longer has a formal […]
- The Extinction Rebellion UK website has recently changed its domain from rebellion.earth to extinctionrebellion.uk. We hope this will make clear its role as the XR UK website, while distinguishing it from other national XR websites and the XR global site rebellion.global. Any rebellion.earth URLs will redirect correspondingly to extinctionrebellion.uk for the foreseeable future. If you […]
- (Sign up to the newsletter here) Dear rebels, The Rebellion is coming. 2020 is a year of multiple crises and a Government that is failing to keep us safe. They ignored the warnings about coronavirus. Now they’re ignoring warnings of a 4˚C warmer world from the Committee on Climate Change, a warning that could result […]
Climate Home News is an independent news site dedicated to bringing important climate stories to as large an audience as possible.
XR Shrewsbury news items
Open letter to Shropshire Council Pension Fund: Invest to enhance well-being
EXTINCTION REBELLION – a documentary about the October protests.
Senara Wilson Hodges – On The Beach Productions
This is an introductory meeting for anyone interested in finding out more about XR, including people who’ve joined fairly recently and want to get a better handle on how XR works and how to get involved.
Today, the Shropshire Red Rebel Brigade supported the climate strike in Shrewsbury. Students gather together to hold their own Peoples’ Assembly….
Whether you’re local or from further afield, interested to find out more about XR or an old-hand, please join us for a weekend of community-building and skilling-up…
There’ll be talks on how Civil Disobedience works & why we need Citizens’ Assembles; and training in Non-Violent Direct Action, De-escalation Skills, Facilitation Skills, How to run a People’s Assembly, Self Organising Systems and more…
Are you stressing over the Climate Emergency?
Global Apathy Toward the Fires in Australia Is a Scary Portent for the Future By David Wallace-Wells Wildfires devastated southeastern Australia in the final months of 2019 and in January 2020. See photos of those wildfires from space as NASA tracks them with satellites. (Image: © NASA EOSDIS) Right now, on the outskirts of a… Read more
Education plays a crucial part in the global response to climate change, according to UN agency UNESCO. When young people learn about the impact of climate change they are equipped to address the issue, change their attitudes and behavior and adapt to the climate-affected world.
Evidence going back more than 50 years shows that a number of fossil fuel companies and their industry associations have long understood that their products caused harm.
In this documentary, Zuboff takes the lid off Google and Facebook and reveals a merciless form of capitalism in which no natural resources, but the citizen itself, serves as a raw material. How can citizens regain control of their data?
Greta Thunberg tweets
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
Other tweets of interest…
Click here for #climateemergency