On this page…..
- XRShrewsbury tweets
- Extinction Rebellion tweets
- Extinction Rebellion news
- Climate Home News feed
- XRShrewsbury latest news
- Tweets from Greta Thunberg
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
- Other tweets you may be interested in reading
XR Shrewsbury Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion News
- Anna and Danny speak with Rob Bilott, the heroic lawyer who took on corporate giant DuPont after they poisoned an American town with toxic chemical waste, and discuss the prevalence of forever chemicals in our everyday lives and the systemic problems behind environmental degradation. ‘The system is rigged.They want us to think it protects us, […]
- The kids aren’t alright – Extinction Rebellion UK’s statement on threats of violence towards XR CambridgeToday XR Youth activists in Cambridge received further distressing threats of violence against them. They are scared and shaken but have independently decided to continue their protest until Sunday as planned. The post The kids aren’t alright – Extinction Rebellion UK’s statement on threats of violence towards XR Cambridge appeared first on Extinction Rebellion.
- Email: email@example.comPhone: +447525 751171 / +447811 958896Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Media Assets | #XR2020 #ExtinctionRebellion #ActNow Extinction Rebellion response to JP Morgan ‘Risky Business,’ report on the Climate and Ecological Emergency: Two economists working for JP Morgan have just released a report entitled Risky Business, the Climate and the MacroEconomy. The report is […]
- Facebook event here. The post ‘Enough is Enough – Together We March’ appeared first on Extinction Rebellion.
- From 11am today, Extinction Rebellion UK turned the Making the Modern World gallery at the Science Museum in London into the scene of a die-in to highlight the effects of air pollution on our and our children’s health. The Science Museum Group accepts sponsorships from fossil fuel companies, with it’s children’s gallery Wonderlab sponsored by […]
- (Sign up to the newsletter here) Dear rebels, With two storms in two weeks causing widespread disruption and flooding, 2020 didn’t take long to bring the climate crisis to our doorstep. But our rebels are hot on the case, taking to the streets with ever more innovative and theatrical actions. In London, some rebels brightened […]
- Highlighting the optimists of the world brimming with solutions to the climate and ecological emergency. From rewilding and regenerative farming to clean energy for all, these individuals share their visions of a healthier world. 2040 – 27/11/2019 Sue Wheat interviews Damon Gameaux, the producer and star of the new film 2040, with Jeffrey Douglass from […]
- Humans of XR on Rebel Radio celebrates the people behind the banners and their heroic efforts to bring the climate and ecological emergency to the forefront of public consciousness. Lawyers, doctors, carpenters, musicians, dancing clowns and kangaroos, from Glasgow to Papa New Guinea share their stories of rebellion. Outreach – 21/01/2020 As Extinction Rebellion progresses […]
- Extinction Rebellion Faith Communities launch 40 Days of Action on Ash Wednesday: Enough Earth Destruction!40 Days of Action will be launched on the 26th of February, Ash Wednesday, with a vigil outside Westminster Abbey starting at 2pm to align with Lent. Groups such as Christian Climate Action and Extinction Rebellion Faith Groups will be coming together to call on religious organisations to fully divest from fossil fuels by the […]
Climate Home News is an independent news site dedicated to bringing important climate stories to as large an audience as possible.
XR Shrewsbury news items
Whether you’re local or from further afield, interested to find out more about XR or an old-hand, please join us for a weekend of community-building and skilling-up…
There’ll be talks on how Civil Disobedience works & why we need Citizens’ Assembles; and training in Non-Violent Direct Action, De-escalation Skills, Facilitation Skills, How to run a People’s Assembly, Self Organising Systems and more…
Today, the Shropshire Red Rebel Brigade supported the climate strike in Shrewsbury. Students gather together to hold their own Peoples’ Assembly….
Are you stressing over the Climate Emergency?
Global Apathy Toward the Fires in Australia Is a Scary Portent for the Future By David Wallace-Wells Wildfires devastated southeastern Australia in the final months of 2019 and in January 2020. See photos of those wildfires from space as NASA tracks them with satellites. (Image: © NASA EOSDIS) Right now, on the outskirts of a… Read more
Education plays a crucial part in the global response to climate change, according to UN agency UNESCO. When young people learn about the impact of climate change they are equipped to address the issue, change their attitudes and behavior and adapt to the climate-affected world.
Evidence going back more than 50 years shows that a number of fossil fuel companies and their industry associations have long understood that their products caused harm.
In this documentary, Zuboff takes the lid off Google and Facebook and reveals a merciless form of capitalism in which no natural resources, but the citizen itself, serves as a raw material. How can citizens regain control of their data?
A new time-lapse video shows sea ice off the coast of Greenland is melting fast, with just 5% of the original mass remaining.
Climate Kids: Meet the young people organising climate strikes across the globe to fight environmental change.
The government don’t want to deal with the Climate & Ecological Emergency. They tried to shut us down. We won’t be silenced.
Greta Thunberg tweets
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
Other tweets of interest…
Click here for #climateemergency