On this page…..
- XRShrewsbury tweets
- Extinction Rebellion tweets
- Extinction Rebellion news
- Climate Home News feed
- XRShrewsbury latest news
- Tweets from Greta Thunberg
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
- Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
- Other tweets you may be interested in reading
XR Shrewsbury Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion Twitter Feed
Extinction Rebellion News
- Keo Films’ Tom Beard, Director, and Alice Henley, Producer, began following Extinction Rebellion in the run up to last year’s October Rebellion, with intimate access to our headquarters (and thoughts) both before, during and after the two-week London protests. Their documentary, which goes behind the scenes of coordinated civil disobedience, reveals just some of the […]
- On Monday 10th February, Extinction Rebellion delivered a letter demanding the cancellation of September 2020 fashion week and an emergency action plan that supports BFC’s stakeholders through transition into a new format: one that directly addresses the underlying issues of obsolescence, overproduction, and exploitation. And, as a government funded body which uses a Political Engagement […]
- Dearest rebels, Whether you swoon for Valentine’s Day or think it represents everything that’s wrong with the world, we hope you’ll accept this newsletter as a message of affection from us to you; putting the ‘love’ into ‘Love and Rage’. Today, we are proud to announce that we will rise up in Waves of Rebellion […]
- Coal is our heritage, not our future: Extinction Rebellion support local campaigners’ calls to halt proposed expansion of Banks’ Mining Open-Cast Coal Site with the message, “If you’re in a hole, stop digging!”This morning, Extinction Rebellion brought the campaign to prevent the expansion of the Banks Mining Pont Valley open-cast coal site in Bradley, Durham, to the doors of the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. The post Coal is our heritage, not our future: Extinction Rebellion support local campaigners’ calls to halt proposed expansion of […]
- Extinction Rebellion UK launch new strategy: ‘In 2019 we demanded change. In 2020 we begin building the alternative’Extinction Rebellion UK today launched its new strategy for 2020. The new strategy invites people to come and join together during this important year to face the climate and ecological emergency. Let’s be part of the greatest generation there has ever been, let’s create the new: ‘In 2019 we demanded change. In 2020 we begin […]
- The world has changed significantly since Extinction Rebellion launched just over a year ago. Inspired by activists around the world, arm in arm with other movements, thousands of people from all walks of life have been part of this change; united by courage and purpose and an itch for rebellion. World leaders, although finally admitting […]
- In giving the go-ahead for this vanity project that is so over-budget and environmentally destructive, the Government has not listened to the people. The public are crying out for better local transport. In making this spending choice, the Prime Minister has approved a bottomless financial sinkhole that will destroy much of what little remains of […]
- Iggy Fox, you will be missed and remembered. It has been an honour and a privilege to have known you, even if it was all too brief. You were a true warrior, who tirelessly worked on behalf of others, on behalf of all life. You had the fire of youth and a wisdom that belied […]
- Joaquin Phoenix used his acceptance speech after winning the Best Actor at the Oscars last night to tell the world that we urgently need to change our ways. His words struck a chord that chimes with Extinction Rebellion’s call on governments to Act Now to address the Planetary Emergency. The post Extinction Rebellion Congratulates Oscar […]
Climate Home News is an independent news site dedicated to bringing important climate stories to as large an audience as possible.
XR Shrewsbury news items
Whether you’re local or from further afield, interested to find out more about XR or an old-hand, please join us for a weekend of community-building and skilling-up…
There’ll be talks on how Civil Disobedience works & why we need Citizens’ Assembles; and training in Non-Violent Direct Action, De-escalation Skills, Facilitation Skills, How to run a People’s Assembly, Self Organising Systems and more…
Today, the Shropshire Red Rebel Brigade supported the climate strike in Shrewsbury. Students gather together to hold their own Peoples’ Assembly….
Are you stressing over the Climate Emergency?
Global Apathy Toward the Fires in Australia Is a Scary Portent for the Future By David Wallace-Wells Wildfires devastated southeastern Australia in the final months of 2019 and in January 2020. See photos of those wildfires from space as NASA tracks them with satellites. (Image: © NASA EOSDIS) Right now, on the outskirts of a… Read more
Education plays a crucial part in the global response to climate change, according to UN agency UNESCO. When young people learn about the impact of climate change they are equipped to address the issue, change their attitudes and behavior and adapt to the climate-affected world.
Evidence going back more than 50 years shows that a number of fossil fuel companies and their industry associations have long understood that their products caused harm.
In this documentary, Zuboff takes the lid off Google and Facebook and reveals a merciless form of capitalism in which no natural resources, but the citizen itself, serves as a raw material. How can citizens regain control of their data?
A new time-lapse video shows sea ice off the coast of Greenland is melting fast, with just 5% of the original mass remaining.
Climate Kids: Meet the young people organising climate strikes across the globe to fight environmental change.
The government don’t want to deal with the Climate & Ecological Emergency. They tried to shut us down. We won’t be silenced.
Greta Thunberg tweets
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Oswestry
Tweets from Extinction Rebellion Bishop’s Castle and the Clun valley
Other tweets of interest…
Click here for #climateemergency